Thursday, May 10, 2012

29? Oh Ya, I Can Totally Take You!!!

Hello Friends!
I am starting off the year 29 by being brave. Which means- after blogging for about a month...and keeping it all to myself....I am branching out and sharing with you!

Today is my birthday. At 9:15am Texas time I was born in Fort Hood, Killeen, TX on a military base.Which means- I am indeed 29 years old. I have no problem with this. After all- 30 is the new 20! Right?

Plus, I have accomplished some things on my bucket list:

#1- Traveled to 3 countries. (Does Canada count? Or should I call it 2 1/2 countries?)
I went to Mexico- On an AWESOME mission trip for 10 days to several communities and visited Indian tribes in the remote mountains. Then to El Salvador- Trip of a LIFE TIME with the CLC Missions Team: Painting, Cleaning a bible college, Ministring to villages without cars, running water, or basic needs! And to Canada- um...to visit a friend? :-)

#2- I moved away from home- family and friends- to attend Bible College (Go CLC!). During that time I graduated from college, met and married my husband, traveled all over the country, had the job of my dreams, and lived in the Midwest learning what ministry really is all about.

#3- I met people from all over the world and made friendships that will last a life time.

#4- Was introduced to the concepts of Dave Ramsey. His financial way of living may be extreme for some- but has transformed the way my husband and I live our lives.

#5- Most importantly- I feel I am more secure in who I AM. I have grown into my own skin after having people question me, my choices, and who I am as a human being-and feeling the overwhelming need to live up to other people's expectations- I truly feel I am beginning to have a taste of God's grace. It has taken me WAY too long.

#6- I married my Super Man almost 3 years ago and we recently moved back to my wonderful Canyon State of Arizona. We are embarking on a new journey welcoming a little man into our life in 3 more months! Eek!

So here I am. At 29 I thought I would have a house, a couple cars, and even a couple kids. But, ya know. I am so happy that I don't. I know that may sound weird. (Maybe I would take the house! Ha!) But, I have the man of my dreams with a mini-him 'cookin' inside my belly. ;-) I am sure he has a cape and all! I am satisfied with my journey and excited for the next part.

Here is to 29:
I will laugh at myself more- and berate myself less.
I will plan less- and live more.
I will be more optimistic- less pessimistic.
I will stress less- and trust more.
I will let go of the past- and look forward to the future.
I will be 100% OK with who I am- and try to quit living up to others expectations of who I should be.
I will rest in God's grace- and learn to let Him love ME and not who I think I should be.
So with all that being said: Here is my first test. Hitting publish and sharing a little bit of me- with you!
Happy Thursday!

P.S. The future blogs will be mostly about how my husband and I are living a "Ramsical Life!" (Dave Ramsey life: saving money, coupons, sale ads, vacations in cash, and more!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog post. It's been a fun ride watching you develop into the young woman (or can I call you old yet? hmmm...) that you've become. I know life's thrown you a few curve balls - but you've handled them with the grace, dignity, and class that made me proud to claim you as my kid sister. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your Ramsical ways - and the shenanigans that my nephew is sure to bring about as well. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete