Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today we are taking ACTION!

I know I promised a blog regarding our child birth prep classes. And I am working on that.

But, I wanted to take a moment and publicly say:

" I take a STAND. "

I take a STAND in allowing God to mold me and shape me into His child and not allowing society to do it for Him.

I take a STAND in trusting God through all trials...especially when they do not make any sense.

I take a STAND against FEAR that can be so crippling. I will not allow the enemy to dictate mine or my loved ones future. I will not allow FEAR in the way of facing challenges head on.

I take a STAND to LOVE my husband with everything in me: lifting him up, trusting him, and allowing him to be the leader in our home.

I take a STAND in living a productive life- Living life with a purpose.

_____________________________________________________________

With all that being said:

I am going back to school.
I am not scared about that. I like school. I am good in school. I want to help out financially to provide a better life for our children.

I LOVED bible college and do not think for ONE second it was a waste of an education- contrary to some other people's beliefs. :) 

I 'found myself' (as cheesy as that sounds) while I was away seeking God's will and direction for my life. He introduced me to myself. :)

I also met Him. I always knew Him. I loved for Him. I tried to please Him. But, I developed a real personal intimate relationship with Him that has sustained me and will continue to do so through the rest of my life. That alone was worth going.

I learned things about the Bible that I have never fully understood. I went thinking I knew the stories- and I left with a hunger to understand so much more....if that makes any sense! Ha!

Oh! And I met my handsome husband. ;o) Also, totally worth it. (As I hear so many of my non-bible college friends roll their eyes!) But, its true! And if you are going to meet someone why not do it in a place surrounded by people with like minded faith? Just sayin. ;)

I AM PRO BIBLE COLLEGE!!! Even if you just go for a year- it is amazing how it will transform your life and solidify your faith in God.

Ok. I am done be a recruiter....still after all these years! ;o)

With all that said: I am going back to school.

My younger brother had the brilliant idea of going into the medical field. I always thought I wouldn't have the stomach for it. But, after having to go to the hospital twice a week for the last month- I have gathered a growing interest in sonography. (Ultrasound Technicians.) After some minor research I learned that they help doctors in diagnosing all kinds of diseases through sound waves. They also are the people the pregnant women love to see- because they can see their baby.

And it helps that they make pretty decent money:o)
(((Dave Ramsey smiles.)))

So- I started doing MORE research and looking into various programs.
Bad news:
the programs are only offered at 2....that's right 2 colleges in AZ. And both programs are HIGHLY competitive. They both show favor to students that are already in the medical field. (I am so not...nor have I ever been in the medical field at all.) Both programs look at the GPA of the general basics. (This is something I did straight out of high school when I was a bit lost as to what I was doing and where I was going in life. Therefore- grades from 10 years ago are not that great. Ugh!) Both programs show favor to those that have done some type of shadowing of an existing Sonographer. (So- do I just walk in and say, "Hi! I am Ashley. I am going to sit here and watch you!" Sounds a little creepy to me.

So- I have to start some where. Due to my strengths as an Administrative Assistant I am considering becoming a Medical Assistant first. To my understanding an MA is an assistant to the doctor. They do vitals, order lab work, and other things that the doctor needs done. This is two semesters of schooling.
I have also considered becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant. This is only one semester of schooling. It deals with more hands on care of patients and they report directly to the nurses or LPN's. They do the icky grunt work a lot of times. But, they interact a lot more with patients. This would be great experience in furthering my education in the medical field.
Either way would get my foot in the door within the medical field.

I could become both. Go to school for a year and half adding both of these to my resume. That is also an option.

BUT- adding a new little one to our family will determine and dictate a lot. :o)

We'll have to ask him when he gets here- 2 more weeks?!?!


You guys have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment